Monday, December 27, 2010

Here's what I'm Talkin' bout

I have been continually floored by the way people chew gently on their Mc-Cud with bovine-esque Mc-disinterest while scientists desperately urge us to change our lifestyles in order to ensure the survival of the oceans.

I recently posted an appeal on a facebook asking everyone to please stop consuming tuna. The response was less than ideal. Aside from the girl who posted "Friends, good wine, great sushi and an awesome boyfriend... life is good" some three minutes after my post appeared, respondents from the "green" political group onto whose page I also posted the appeal, urged me politely but firmly to join Greenpeace if I wanted to be an activist and encouraged me to "stop focussing what we WON'T do and start focussing what we WILL do".

Eh.

There wasn't a lot I could say to that reaction... given that the appropriate response would have been to shake them till their teeth fell out in the vague hope of rewiring their Mc-brains to create an operational IQ of over 85.

But there is, it seems, someone who gets it. By "gets it" I mean someone who understands that it is not government or Greenpeace or the scientists or anyone else who is going to pull us out of this mess. It's really quite binary. We. Have. To. Change.


Which is why This Guy and others like him give me such a thrill. Not only are they saving the world from eating Mac D's by providing class grub, they've also stopped serving up endangered species!  Dudes, you're my heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment